PTA Board & Chair/Coordinator Position Descriptions
Volunteering for just a few hours a month can have a big impact at Lake Middle School! We are always looking for parents to serve on the board or coordinator/chair position.
Below are brief descriptions of the Executive Board responsibilities:
Vice President/Co-Vice Presidents
Attendance at Executive Board Meetings and the 3 general PTA meetings is required.
Below are brief descriptions of the coordinators/chairs individual responsibilities:
- Fall Butter Braid Fundraiser: Work with vendor to schedule dates. Collect and submit order forms. Manage the distribution of Butter Braids.
- Birthday Club: Create a sign-up and encourage parents to sign-up to bring a treat for teacher or staff member on their birthday.
- Box Tops: Coordinate two collection events during the year. Manage the counting and submission of box tops for reimbursement.
- Taco Bingo Night Chair: Work on one (or more!) of the various aspects of the event including the online auction, raffle, food, and bingo.
- Community Night Chair: Coordinate with local restaurants to schedule fundraising events. Promote those events. Report earnings and coordinate receipt of payment with Treasurer.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Solicit, compile, and maintain a list of volunteers for PTA events. Work with event coordinators/chairs to create sign-ups for volunteers and encourage parents to sign-up for events.
- Spirit Wear: Work with vendor over the summer to choose spirit wear options. Coordinate advertising, sales, and distribution of items during school year.
- Staff Appreciation: Coordinate meals for staff on two conference night. Coordinate meal and other means of recognition during Staff Appreciation Week.
- Webmaster: Keep the PTA website up-to-date, using Goggle Blogger, with content provided by board members and committee chairs. Previous experience not required & this job can be done from home!
Remember, you’re the parent in the Parent Teacher Association so any and all help you can provide is valued! If you are interested in joining the team, or would like more information, please contact the PTO President at firstname.lastname@example.org.